Make a Referral
If you are a provider and believe one of your patients or clients may need help, please follow one of the following instructions. There are many ways a person can get help through your support. It is important to note a formal referral is not needed to access a free assessment. The following will help you determine next steps:
- If this is a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
- Call our admissions department 24/7 at 979-703-8848 to discuss your patients’ specific situation and next steps.
- The person can also call us directly to schedule an assessment for him or herself (or family member or friend) without your direct involvement.
- The person can also come to our hospital without a formal appointment for their free assessment.
- We accept most major insurances.
Also, for your convenience, please feel free to utilize our dedicated fax line, 979-703-6467. We request that you call prior to sending a fax. We will call to verify that your fax was received.
The referral form front is for you to fill out and fax to RPBH and or have individual bring with them to the hospital. The back of the form has a brief description of programs you can provide to the individual.
Referral Form (PDF)
Please note that each admission is handled on a case-by-case basis and we ask that you contact our 24-hour Assessment & Referral Department should you have any questions regarding possible exclusions for admission. Some serious medical conditions require a specialized medical approach, equipment, or specialty staff that are traditionally unavailable in a psychiatric hospital or unit.