Our clinical team is led by a board eligible child and adolescent psychiatrist. Staffed with mental health professionals including registered nurses and master’s level therapists. We provide assessment, diagnosis and rapid stabilization of acute psychiatric referrals to less intensive, appropriate levels of follow-up care and support. Our goal is to effectively treat children suffering from psychiatric, emotional, and behavioral challenges. We help them to improve their clinical status, address depression, regain their quality of life and return to daily activities in their homes, among their families and in their schools and communities.
- Assessment, diagnosis, and rapid stabilization of acute psychiatric issues.
- Structured, therapeutic environment that meets the needs of acute conditions and problems
- Focused on smooth transition to less intensive, appropriate levels of follow-up care and support
- Psychiatrist-led multi-disciplinary treatment team of clinicians provides multi-modal psychotherapeutic treatment
- Family therapy sessions and educational groups.
- Utilization of the WhyTry evidence-based curriculum.
- 2 hours of recreational therapy a day.
- Coordination and discharge planning with families or other caregivers, community agencies and insurance companies
At Rock Prairie Behavioral Health we believe strongly in utilizing an evidenced-based therapeutic program. For our child program we use the WhyTry curriculum. The WhyTry Program uses a series of ten visual metaphors that teach social, educational, and leadership principles. It is a multisensory approach to reach every learning type and keep the interest of the child. The program seeks to teach the child resiliency, improve self-concept, and emotional health. For more information please reference: http://www.whytry.org/